The station Fazilka, on the Southern part of Punjab, now a district, is comparatively a backward area due to its sharing the border with Pakistan. It was precisely this reason that the CST Fathers decided to open an English Medium school and to start our pastoral ministry with a view of imparting good education to Christians present in this area. The municipality was formed via Punjab Government notification no. 486, dated 10 December 1885. The town was added to the Ferozepur district in 1884. On 27 July 2011, Fazilka was declared a District. As of 2001 India Census Fazilka had a population of 67,424. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Fazilka has an average literacy rate of 68%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 72%, and female literacy is 62%. In Fazilka, 13% of the population is under 6 years of age. It is a Hindi speaking belt and majority of the residents belong to Hinduism and Sikhism. Christians and Muslims are a minority in the district.
The pioneer missionary of the station is Rev.Fr.Felix Nellikunnath CST who envisaged and envisioned this station. The land was bought with financial help from abroad through the diocese of Jullundur. The project was written by Rev.Fr.Felix and it was sanctioned and money was received through the diocese of Jalandhar as per the norms followed by the agency.